Wednesday, August 26, 2009

World Transplant Games 2009 in Australia

[I'll update this post with the latest images and videos as I upload them.]

I'm down in the beautiful Gold Coast region of Australia (South of Brisbane) competing in my first World Transplant Games. I am having a wonderful time and, true to the rumors I've heard, the Australian people have been so incredibly nice. I cannot overstate how nice they've been.

My main event was the 5k Time Trial. I put in the 3rd fastest time for Team USA, but unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to get a medal.

It was a very windy day and a record high temperature for Queensland (95 degrees). My average heart rate was 185bpm for the duration of the run which puts my wattage somewhere between 320 and 350.

Here are some pictures:

Coming into the long straight-away



Profile View of my Time Trial Position




Team USA Photo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Inspiring! Allie and I have Australia high on our list of travel destinations. Are you there long enough to do some site-seeing as well?

- Barry

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
- Abhi